Nearly completed after 3 years - (Studio 3 Productions)

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Dix

Re: Nearly completed after 3 years - (Studio 3 Productions)

Post by Dix »

Just a lurker here from a couple years ago, but I ran across a YouTube video that reminded me of this particular topic. Which I remembered because I was so impressed with the results of Rod & Stuart's efforts.

A couple weeks ago, a Kansas City TV station did a short 2 minute segment with Rod & his son Blake about the studio in their local news broadcast, which they also published on their YouTube channel, so I thought I share the link for those who might be interested....

YouTube Link: The sounds of solitude and rock collide in Lone Jack
Inside a farmstead shed, Rod and Blake DeMoss welcome recording artists to the recently created Studio 3 ...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Wow! Thanks, Dix. I didn't know about that. Pretty cool to have the studio featured on a news show!

Thanks for posting the link.

- Stuart -
pasim

Post by pasim »

Hi! Since You've already posted a lots of graphs for this studio (amazing) I would like to see the decay graphs, if possible anyhow... If it's I'd be thrilled. Thanks!
mattsal

Post by mattsal »

pasim wrote:Hi! Since You've already posted a lots of graphs for this studio (amazing) I would like to see the decay graphs, if possible anyhow... If it's I'd be thrilled. Thanks!
Third post down on the first page.

Definitely an inspiring room! Great work.