LED Lighting Insights and Advice

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

tardishead

LED Lighting Insights and Advice

Post by tardishead »

Hi everyone
Is anyone out there using LED lights with VARIACS? If so what brand/model. What other accessories are needed. Better to run from step down transformers or is mains 230vac types ok? From what I can gather it is only the real expensive ones that are AC dimmable?
I am completely in the dark about LED lights.
ronrogers

Re: LED Lighting Insights and Advice

Post by ronrogers »

LED technology allows for ground-breaking designs of inspiring purity and beauty. LED lights are a smart innovation in the future of lighting. Advanced technology, energy efficiency and durability put [DIRTY SPAMMER RESIDUE REMOVED BY MODERATOR] lights years ahead. A light-emitting diode (LED) is a two-lead semiconductor light source. It is a p–n junction diode, which emits light when activated. If you have difficulty to do oyur essay writing work individually,many resources like [DIRTY SPAMMER RESIDUE REMOVED BY MODERATOR] is eager to facilitate the educational process for everyone and offers its reliable writing assistance with all types of written assignments.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

ronrogers wrote: If you have difficulty to do oyur essay writing work individually,many resources like ... is eager to facilitate the educational process for everyone and offers its reliable writing assistance with all types of written assignments.
This is just too funny! Normally I just remove spam like this and ban the spammer, but this is too hilarious to let go so easily.

This spam is from an essay writing service, yet in their very own spam that is attempting to promote their writing skills, they demonstrate (with comedic clarity) that they don't have a clue about writing! In one single short sentence they manage to misspell "your" as "oyur", forget to put a space after the comma, and commit the grave grammatical error of not matching plurals to their verbal clauses: "many resources is eager". That should be "many resources are eager".

With such a load of glaring errors in a simple sentence, I really think I'd skip on using their service! I very much doubt that they'd be much of a Guardian of your Essay! I can just imagine how awful the outcome would be. Amusing, but awful!

- Stuart -
Studio42brooklyn

Post by Studio42brooklyn »

Soundman2020 wrote:
ronrogers wrote: If you have difficulty to do oyur essay writing work individually,many resources like ... is eager to facilitate the educational process for everyone and offers its reliable writing assistance with all types of written assignments.
This is just too funny! Normally I just remove spam like this and ban the spammer, but this is too hilarious to let go so easily.

This spam is from an essay writing service, yet in their very own spam that is attempting to promote their writing skills, they demonstrate (with comedic clarity) that they don't have a clue about writing! In one single short sentence they manage to misspell "your" as "oyur", forget to put a space after the comma, and commit the grave grammatical error of not matching plurals to their verbal clauses: "many resources is eager". That should be "many resources are eager".

With such a load of glaring errors in a simple sentence, I really think I'd skip on using their service! I very much doubt that they'd be much of a Guardian of your Essay! I can just imagine how awful the outcome would be. Amusing, but awful!

- Stuart -

Hahahahaha this is incredible! Spam is reaching new heights!
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hahahahaha this is incredible! Spam is reaching new heights!
Yep! We get quite a few "essay writing services" spammers. I have no idea why! It's kinda hard to fathom the connection between "recording studio design" and essay writing...

But then again, spammers are not the most intelligent creatures on the face of God's green earth! They are not exactly known for being Mensa material! :) I think most amoeba's rank hire on the list of useful life-forms.... 8) :lol:

- Stuart -
DanCostello

Post by DanCostello »

Anybody know if LED lights are prone to emitting ultrasonic sounds? I know some devices like motion sensors do, as do some switching power supplies. I've heard CFL's can, too.

I ask, because the primary output of my studio will be sound fx libraries that could be pitched down quite a bit. Sounds up in the 25-50kHz range quickly wind up being audible with that sort of processing. I'd like to avoid incandescent lighting due to excess heat, but if that's my only option...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Anybody know if LED lights are prone to emitting ultrasonic sounds? I know some devices like motion sensors do, as do some switching power supplies. I've heard CFL's can, too.

I ask, because the primary output of my studio will be sound fx libraries that could be pitched down quite a bit. Sounds up in the 25-50kHz range quickly wind up being audible with that sort of processing. I'd like to avoid incandescent lighting due to excess heat, but if that's my only option...
LED's run on DC, not AC. The light emitting element itself is pure DC. The entire thing might be powered by AC, but in that case there will be some type of transformer, rectifier, power supply, voltage regulator, etc. The LED unit itself won't make any sound, but a poorly designed power supply might. If that's an issue for you, it might be worth your while looking for LED units where the power supply can be separate from the actual light itself, and put the power supply outside your isolation shell.

- Stuart -
DanCostello

Post by DanCostello »

Soundman2020 wrote:

LED's run on DC, not AC. The light emitting element itself is pure DC. The entire thing might be powered by AC, but in that case there will be some type of transformer, rectifier, power supply, voltage regulator, etc. The LED unit itself won't make any sound, but a poorly designed power supply might. If that's an issue for you, it might be worth your while looking for LED units where the power supply can be separate from the actual light itself, and put the power supply outside your isolation shell.

- Stuart -
Interesting. I hadn't thought of having a remote psu. Thanks for the idea.

-Dan.
FLZapped

Post by FLZapped »

DanCostello wrote:Anybody know if LED lights are prone to emitting ultrasonic sounds?
No, not at all.
I know some devices like motion sensors do, as do some switching power supplies. I've heard CFL's can, too.
Yes motion sensors can, because there are acoustic devices that work at those frequencies. They are usually piezo electric transducers. CFLs do because they use a "chopping" power supply which generates all kinds of electrical switching noise and the CFL bulb itself then becomes the radiator.

LED lights that allow you to use a remotely located ANALOG power supply will work great. I say analog, because some switching power supplies can emit switching noise down the supply wires if not well filtered.