AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT -

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

knightfly

AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT -

Post by knightfly »

Everyone, sorry for not getting questions answered lately; my wife was in an automobile accident (she's going to be fine, but is in a lot of pain) - I just got her home yesterday evening, and it may be several days before I have any free time to answer questions - I'm hoping some of the regulars can chime in and direct people to the resources that are already here, or answer individual questions when they've not already been covered; I'll try to get back into things as I can.

I still have to take care of a crapload of paperwork and try to figure out what to do with her (possibly totalled) car, insurance, etc -

Thanks for your understanding - I'm just very grateful it wasn't as bad as it could have been - at least cars can be replaced, where Ann is one of a kind... Steve
Mangled

Post by Mangled »

I hope she'll recover quickly...but take your time...
All the best!

Erwin
dymaxian

Post by dymaxian »

I'm glad she's ok. My thoughts go out to both of you.
Kase
www.minemusic.net

"to hell with the CD sales! Download the MP3s and come to the shows!"
fbars

Post by fbars »

Steve,

Godspeed to the both of you!

Tom
Eric_Desart

Post by Eric_Desart »

Steve,

Same best wishes :!:

And I'm sure she's one of a kind.
To be with you for that long ....... :twisted:

Signed: :? Not me....
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Whew 39 yrs of marriage, take ggod care of her and only show up round here when she is well.

I aint got that many years but I know it's work.
Bryan Giles

FOH Live, Live Remote & Studio Engineer
Producer

Just living life and having fun with all this talent YHWH Elohim has given me.
kragbax

Post by kragbax »

Best wishes Steve for you and her. I know if it's painful for her, it's also painful for you. Glad to see your priorities are in order and you're taking care of the wife! Here's wishing for a quick and complete recovery...
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

No apologies needed Steve. I'm glad she's ok. I send my best wishes.

We have things covered here. Go take care of her.

Aaron
rod gervais

Post by rod gervais »

Steve,

My best wishes to you and yours........... tell Ann to get well soon........

We'll muddle through here the best we can buddy.....

Rod
Ignore the man behind the curtain........
Hashbrown

Post by Hashbrown »

Nothing here that even comes close in importance.
Best wishes to your wife, and good luck with the bureacratic nightmare ahead of you. I just went through this with a few family members.

-HB
Eggman

Post by Eggman »

Glad your wife is going to be okay.
There is enough info on this forum already to keep everyone occupied until you feel up to answering questions again.
Best whishes from Seattle.

DM
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

Sorry to hear that man! At least she is still alive. My prayers are with you.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com
z60611

Post by z60611 »

I wish you and yours all the best as well, and a speedy return to normal.

I'm also hoping that you will have a 'every cloud has a silver lining' story to tell. For example, when I was but 3 months old way before seat belts were common, for some reason my parents decided a child safety seat would be a good thing. I was in the back seat (again, odd for the decade I believe), when my mother's car was T boned by a car driving through a red light. At this point the front windshield and a few other important parts left the car. My mother's car continued forward at an off-road angle until it hit a concrete light pole and stoped. She, not wearing a seat belt, went through the missing front windshield, airborne for 30', coming to a stop face first against a concrete park bench. The police later remarked to my mother in hospital that I did not cry and was just looking around, utterly unharmed, and when they retrieved me from the back seat and then set my baby seat next to my mother's unconscious body in the ambulance that I thought it was a good time to take a nap. My mother lost 10 upper front teeth and 4 lower front teeth. And the silver lining is that, although she can't recommend the technique, she always felt she looked better with the straighter artificial teeth after the accident, and her apple bite improved. Also, the trunk had been rusty and was always scratching her. The new car trunk wasn't rusty (although it was a smaller cheaper car).
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

Godspeed your wifes healing Steve. We know whats important. This place will take care of itself. Not that we won't miss your mug,.
but the time spent with your loved one is priceless How quickly reality can change is beyond ones comprehension untill it happens. I know from experience also. God bless you both.
fitZ
alright, breaks over , back on your heads......
AndrewMc

Post by AndrewMc »

Hope your wife recovers quickly.

Don't worry about taking a break from posting here to attend to more important issues - you've already helped enough people and posted enough detailed and thoughtful posts to last 3 lifetimes - so you you have some time off in the bank :D
Andrew McMaster