XLR Wall Sockets

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Roguejackal

XLR Wall Sockets

Post by Roguejackal »

In my small home studio at the moment we have the xlr's running through a duct between the control room and the tracking room,

I would like to fit some wall sockets each end for this into my trunking in each room which will not need soldering just a case of plugging the xlrs into the back of these wall sockets in the trunking so fresh xlrs can be plugged into the front of the sockets in the rooms, is there such a product available and if so can anyone post a link preferably one in the UK if possible
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: XLR Wall Sockets

Post by Soundman2020 »

You could maybe get a patch panel made up with back-to-back XLR's. That's about all I can think of.

- Stuart -
macmanmatty

Post by macmanmatty »

are there any xlr walls jack that you don't solider but wire like electrical outlets just bend the wire around a screw??
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

are there any xlr walls jack that you don't solider but wire like electrical outlets just bend the wire around a screw??
Not that I'm aware of, and even if there were I would not recommend them. To many possibilities for problems down the line. Soldering is the way to go.

- Stuart -
macmanmatty

Post by macmanmatty »

what gauge / type of wire would you use for xlr / trs combo jacks?
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Just use any good quality microphone cable.

- Stuart -
Kahanho1

Post by Kahanho1 »

all of my wall are double construction 5/8" drywall on the inside 1/2" durrock on the outside. 24" center studs inside 18" center studs on the outside. 6" space inbetween and a 3 1/2" R-13 batt fiberglass on the inside of each wall faced facing on the covered sides of the stud frames. the boxes are blue plastic new work construction boxes (the cheap ones at home depot) and I am using metal 2 gang, triple, quad, and single gang metal wall plates with xlr and trs and dual xlr/ trs male and female connectors. They have 3 22 ga solid wires solidered to them that will them be crimped and soildered solider dripped in and then crimped for a good connetcion to the 20 ga stranded 2 wire mic cable the shield is the ground.

[PLAGIARIZING SPAMMER BANNED PERMANENTLY. TEXT COPIED FROM HERE: http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 13&start=4 ]