DIY Nearfield

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Eric Best

DIY Nearfield

Post by Eric Best »

I got a chance to hear thesehttps://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/hitmakers last weekend. They sound great! Very flat with good solid bass for a nearfield. Costs about $200 to build. I will definitely be making a pair.
"It don't get no better than this"
Eric Best

Re: DIY Nearfield

Post by Eric Best »

Actually it looks like you can get this as a kit for $170 for the pair. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker-ki ... s-kit.html
"It don't get no better than this"
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Looks interesting, and you certainly can't complain about the price! They don't get cheaper than that.

- Stuart -
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

The SEOS stuff on DIYsoundgroup is also REALLY great. I started with the Seos18's and BA750's and ended up with the SEOS 24's and Radian 951's with truextant Beryllium diaphragms. Soon I'm also going to make some Alpha Minions for home and the few gigs that I still do....you won't find any monitors that measure/perform as good as this stuff on the market, maybe the JBL M2.

If anyone has a general fear of "horns" rest assured these waveguides are clean and free from all the honky harsh stuff. I watched the whole SEOS thing unfurl at DIYaudio, it might be one of the biggest non-commercial collaborative engineering efforts out there (for audio at least).

The 24's with the 951's are just stunning, like quad esl clarity, huge sweet area and limitless dynamics (and I mean that, they go way past 11 in a studio size control room).