Light fixture

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

frasands

Light fixture

Post by frasands »

Hi guys, yesterday I finished making a light fixture out of an old classical guitar. I have it placed close to over the centre of where the console will be As soon as I was finished the whole thing I thought wait this thing is going to resonate!

So my question is will filling it full of insulation work? Or will it have to come down and go someplace else?

Thanks and a Merry Christmas to ya'll.

Fra
photo-14.JPG
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Light fixture

Post by Soundman2020 »

As soon as I was finished the whole thing I thought wait this thing is going to resonate!
That was my first thought too, as soon as I saw it! And you certainly do not want it above the console: That's where your ceiling cloud should be. Maybe you could put it on one of the side walls somewhere, at a location where it won't cause too many problems with reflection. And yes, I sure would pack it full of insulation.

- Stuart -
RJHollins

Post by RJHollins »

hmm ... the 'body' of a guitar is a resonator, and hopefully a good one :lol:

Another 'good' one ... lift the sustain pedal on a piano, and yell into the strings. Sounds like a string reverb. [maybe what gave the idea for a 'spring' reverb.

Had a snare drum in my room for tuning. Had to take it out of the room to do audio work.

A possible suggestion ... remove the back of the body.

You might even want to test the effect [when stuffed with insulation] using REW, and see if you have some type of acoustical treatment device ... tuned trap? helmholtz ?
frasands

Post by frasands »

Thanks very much for your reply guys! Hadn't thought about it but I guess if I stuffed with insulation it would become a tuned absorber of some sort so I will perhaps have to run a test to see.

Thanks for your help.
HarveyRobin

Post by HarveyRobin »

Technically I am not aware of such thing, but yeah wanna say the guitar looks fabulous, very good job buddy. :D