Intro from yet another noob

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Pat Healey

Intro from yet another noob

Post by Pat Healey »

First of all, let me say a big thank you to all the mods and members who have made this site such an amazing resource. I have been lurking here for the better part of two years and finally decided to join up. Between this forum and Rod's "Build It Like The Pros" book, I believe I've elevated my knowledge level from "Utterly Clueless" to "Dangerously Ignorant," so clearly moving in the right direction. :wink:

I am a former professional / current semi-professional guitar player and sometime amateur studio engineer. I'm in the design phase of a basement studio build, so I'll be posting some questions here and there. Since I live in Colorado, some of these questions will likely be of the "how do I deal with code requirements for floating walls" variety that have evidently vexed some of you in the past....sorry....but I promise I'll search diligently before opening my mouth!

That's it for now. Thanks again for an incredible forum!
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Intro from yet another noob

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hi Pat, and Welcome! :)

Looking forward to seeing your build thread!

- Stuart -
xSpace

Re: Intro from yet another noob

Post by xSpace »

What code requirement is there for floating walls? I thought the issue was more based on potential ground upheavel....but I do remember seeing papers on hanging the walls from the upper truss...bad idea if you ask me, but hey, it's what they were suggesting at the time ;)