Another chain in 20+ states carrying OC70X, Mineral Wool

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

kasmira

Another chain in 20+ states carrying OC70X, Mineral Wool

Post by kasmira »

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forum, hopefully it will be more beneficial to you than those "other" first posts :)

While learning about bass trapping, I got curious to build my own and registered up on Gearslutz. After reading as much as I could, I decided to order some insulation online. Obviously, the prices were ludicrous, and I ended up paying about $70 for six 2" thick batts of Roxul's mineral wool. The very next day after ordering, I decided to look around locally for places that might sell it, and finally, I came across a place!

I called the Arizona location, talked to (what seemed to be) the shop boy, and he gave me some quick, non-exact quoting on tons of insulations, and was very happy to answer all my questions and was really cool. He also gave me their sales rep's e-mail, whom I emailed shortly after. Their sales rep was friendly and gave me some pretty good pricing.

Unfortunately, at their Arizona locations, they don't stock Roxul products (but they do at other locations) - So they suggested Thermafiber mineral wool batts. Unfortunately I can't find absorption coefficients for them, but the stuff looks identical. The 4" thick versions of the Thermafiber are 2.5pcf, whereas I believe the 2" thick versions are 4pcf, but I may be wrong. Please correct me if anyone finds out.

I still haven't actually placed an order with these guys yet, but they said they'd have no problem doing a small local order, and I could just come by to pick it up whenever.

I'm sure the prices will vary from state to state. Also, I don't want to hurt this company by stating their exact pricing online, and certain products will be cheaper during certain times I'm sure. In order to keep this helpful, informative, and hopefully not hurtful, I will give prices I was quoted to the nearest nickel.

How much?!
Rounded to the nearest nickel.

Owens Corning 703
1”=$.55/sq ft 12pcs/pkg-96sq ft
2”=$1.10/sq ft 6pcs/pkg-48sq ft
Owens Corning 705
1”=$1.00/sq ft 10pcs/pkg-80sq ft
2”=$2.00/sq ft 5pcs/pkg-40sq ft
Owens Corning 707
1”=$1.50/sq ft 49”x73” 42pcs/pkg-1043sq ft
2”=$2.95/sq ft 49”x73” 22pcs/pkg-546sq ft
Owens Corning SelectSound Acoustic Blanket
1”=$.75/sq ft 72”x70’ – 1 roll=420 sq ft
2”=$1.60/sq ft 72”x50’ – 1 roll=300 sq ft
Thermafiber SAFB
2”=$.40/sq ft 12pcs/bag-96sq ft
4” =$.85/sq ft 6pcs/bag-48sq ft (2.5pcf – may require extended lead-times)

Where?!

[SPAM DELETED BY MODERATOR]

------

Make sure you get into contact with one of their sales reps to get exact pricing.

Good luck to everyone's builds. I'm going to make a duplicate thread for zzzzzz - Hopefully it will be helpful to you all.
My way of saying thank you for all the wonderful tips I've read through; there still are some people like me in this world who really appreciate the time all of you put into these forums!

What the hell are you waiting for? Get it ordered, get 'em built!