Where does the front wall go?

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

^Tripper^

Where does the front wall go?

Post by ^Tripper^ »

Hi everyone. Just a quick question to which i can't seem to find the answer to. It concerns the location of the front wall for flush mounting.

Most of the flush mounting diagrams i've seen in here recommend having the front of the monitor flushed with the soffit wall. I'm wonderin thou, in the case of these monitors (pls see attached jpeg) where the edges are not right angles but bevels, at which point do i flush the speakers? At the 396mm or the 421mm mark?

All input appreciated. Thank you!! :)

PS, The monitors are ATC110s and i will be removing the amps on the rear.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Where does the front wall go?

Post by Soundman2020 »

At the 421 mark. The front of the soffit (flush mount panel) must be flush with the front face of the speaker. You could even shape the interior of the soffit panel to match that curve, if you are good at carpentry!

- Stuart -
^Tripper^

Post by ^Tripper^ »

Unfortunately, i'm not. But i sure hope the carpenter is!! :D

Thanks Stuart!! Owe ya a cold one!! :)
Cagatey01

Post by Cagatey01 »

Hello people,

I have a new Genelec6010A and 5040A system I purchased after considerable ponder and long consideration.
Longer hands and shallower pockets notwithstanding lol, I made the choice for these in sync with my own learning curve in this whole 'hearing pure sound, making good music' thing. I'm getting better, I needed better. :mrgreen: