found nationwide chain carrying 703

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

found nationwide chain carrying 703

Post by Guest »

national company, check it out, they might have a store near you.
703 is pretty cheap here.

http://www.spi-co.com/servicecenterdirectory.mv
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

CRAP!!! They are right near me and have TONS of insulation and acousticl products. Great find!!!
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com

spi

Post by guest »

I recently bought some Owens corning 703 and 705 from SPI. They were very helpful, and had no problems with a relatively small order. It ran about $8 for a 2'x4' piece. A great experience, and it really helped my studio!
wiz1der

Post by wiz1der »

It's been about a week now, and i'm still waiting for a "fast" quote.....
wiz1der

Post by wiz1der »

still waiting........................................
notbradsohner

Post by notbradsohner »

i just walked into the columbus ohio store, and the guy sold me a package of 12 sheets for 60 dollars, like nothing. he even asked if it was for a recording studio!

smart people
Duane MX

No 703

Post by Duane MX »

The SPI here in Portland OR does not carry OC 703 and was not helpful at all when asked about alternatives...
kragbax

Post by kragbax »

I contacted 2 separate SPI locations. One the salesman was 'regional' and wasn't around when I called. The other, where I was told by another forum member that he purchased Roxul from (and had delivered) wasn't much more helpful. Several weeks ago I called, talked to the salesman, and got a great price on the 2 and 3" semi-rigid rockwool. Only problem was they were located in another state (NJ - I'm in NY) and the guy couldn't answer if they delivered to me. Plus at that time I wasn't positive how much I'd need. He told me he'd check if they could deliver and if there would be a fee. He assured me he'd call back. A week later - no call back. I called again - same salesman - same questions - same resonse. He'd call back. He never did. Third week - now I want the stuff and know how much I'll need. I know it's more then enough to qualify for 'free shipping' but that I might have a surchage for distance - which is fine by me. Only problem is I STILL don't know if they even can deliver to where I live. This time I don't ask for the specific salesman but get him anyway. Ah well.. I go through the schpiel, tell he we've talked and I never heard back. I tell him I'm ready to order but need to know if they even deliver to me. He tells me he'll check with the dispatcher and get back to me. It's been almost two weeks.

Ah well... It's tough living in the sticks and not having the time to go trucking around to pick crap up. I suppose I'll call back tomorrow and ask for someone else... anyone else. I know I'm not a huge purchaser and won't make or break his week with the sale, but c'mon... sales is sales.

Ah well.. rant over.. some walls up - no insulation.. fun fun fun.

-Krag
kragbax

Post by kragbax »

BTw... I had contacted another local place. Actually I think they are a regional if not national chain - Strober King. I got their insulation sales guy on the phone, and he had no clue what I was talking about when I said semi-rigid. I could tell even through the phone they guy had a dumbfounded look on his face. I mentioned OC 703/705 - he had no clue. I mentioned semi-rigid rockwool - nothing. Where do they hire these guys? Anyhow - long story short(er) he did mention (After I said I was looking to use it for acoustical reasons) they carried OC Sound Attenuation Batts. The price wasn't great. Also from what I've read it's basically the same as the 'pink stuff', just repackaged. No real acoustical advantage over regular fiberglass (fluffy) insulation. Ah well... The search for a 703/semi-rigid rockwool retailer in upstate NY continues!
ajcamlet

Post by ajcamlet »

I found the SPI in elizabeth NJ to be rather clueless as well. It strange that these places specialize in insulation produts but either dont know what they are, or dont stock them at all... Who DOES stock Roxul products in the NYC metro area...?
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

Send a PM to Riad, he is in NYC area and used Roxul in his studio.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com
davidki

SPI Nashvlle office... Good chat, no follow through

Post by davidki »

I called SPI Nashville after sending them 3 emails with no reply, the person I talk to in sales was real nice, suggested I look at some John Mansfield products, and that he woud email me some quotes and information and that was proably 4 weeks ago.. well, still haven't heard anything, but I 'm 6 months from starting my studio build out.. so, Im giving the guy the bennifit of the doubt..

If there are other studio owners, builders in the Nashville area, Im new out here, now living in the Lebanon area.. want to build a nice project studio.. drop me a note if your in the area.
Dave
erichenryus

Post by erichenryus »

dude!!!!!! you have no idea how long i've been looking for this stuff. these guys are right in my back yard and they have palettes of it just sitting there.

705 - 1.5 inch thick 1.55/sq foot.
PinkHumpy

Post by PinkHumpy »

thanks for the link. i found them 15 minutes from my house and built my panels:
http://www.pinkhumpy.com/basstraps.html
panhaed

Post by panhaed »

been trying to get the 703 for a while i will be calling them tomorrow
hope i have better luck then some