Fuse board - surface mount?

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Paul881

Fuse board - surface mount?

Post by Paul881 »

I am building a small home studo, 4Mx3M and have to provide a separate fuse board. The wall construction is timber frame, resilient strip and plasterboard. My question is how to mount the fuse board.

I could surface mount it on the plasterboard and feed the cables through the back but I'm worried that with so many cables coming in, this will have the effect of grounding the resilient strip/Plasterboard construction.

The other way is to fix the board to the stud walling and mount the plasterboard around it as a cut out. But then I will be transmitting sound waves straight to the timber frame. I would be grateful for your thoughts and suggestions.
Jealousy is the religion of the mediocre
gullfo

Re: Fuse board - surface mount?

Post by gullfo »

so if you mount the panel onto the wall using the normal code compliant methods, you should be OK as the only significant wire into the box would be the main and the ground. consider surface mounting the electric wiring. leave enough slack in the wires to ensure they do not tightly couple.
Glenn
Paul881

Re: Fuse board - surface mount?

Post by Paul881 »

Okay, that makes sense, thanks Glenn.
Jealousy is the religion of the mediocre