Newbie from Parker, Colorado

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

56BelAir

Newbie from Parker, Colorado

Post by 56BelAir »

This is Paul from Parker, Colorado. I'm almost at the end of framing out my walkout basement. I want to utilize this recording studio design forum to see what I can do to insulate some of the sound from my drums going to the upstairs and outdoors. I don't really intend to have a professional recording studio, but I will be recording my drums down there.

I've been trying to read all the pre-requisites for postings. I hope to have a drawing of my floor plan soon so I can reference it with my questions.

Regards
Paul
Parker, CO USA
Paul
Parker, Colorado USA
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Newbie from Parker, Colorado

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hi Paul. Welcome!
I've been trying to read all the pre-requisites for postings.
You've missed one, so far: the most important one of all (click here) (Half way down. Big letters... :) )

Anyway, regarding your goal: you are in the right place! Lots of help here. Lots of people doing what you want to do: isolate drums. It can be done, if you do it right. But you might want to hold off with finishing your framing down there until you understand the issues, and have a plan on how to proceed with your isolation. It would be sad if you got all your framing up, then had to take it down again because it was all wrong for isolation.

Looking forward to seeing your plans!

- Stuart -