Killatones

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

sab

Killatones

Post by sab »

Hi John,

If I already have the original Auratones 5C, how can I improve what I already have? I've heard that better boxes, wires and damping the driver frame will help a lot.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
gullfo

Re: Killatones

Post by gullfo »

Welcome! Please update your profile with your location. What are you trying to do? Update your existing auratones or build killatones?
Glenn
sab

Post by sab »

Hi,

I currently own a pair of unmodified Auratones 5c's. I would like to improve them. I currently use them in my studio but I've heard that better wiring and damping of the box and the speaker frame help alot.

Anyway, not sure if anyone has documented how to do this or not but if there is someone with this experience and has been successful, that would be great.

Thank you.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

i think there's a number of DIY speaker and electronics sites (DIY audio?) which often have ideas on re-working older speakers and various mods. i'm pretty sure tightening loose bolts and nuts, refreshing the wiring, cleaning terminals, and removing dust will help. not sure of the impact of adding dampening materials or add some magnetic shields will do to the performance though.
Glenn
sab

Post by sab »

Okay, thank you.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

Behringer is coming out with a set of auratone clones...
Glenn