Death...

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

puppethead55

Death...

Post by puppethead55 »

Hello all,

After six years of being on hiatus I'm finally back. Thanks to all who helped me out with the vocal booth tips. I really did appreciate your help and can't thank you enough for the advice, tips, links, etc. To make a long story short, I never completed my booth. I still have all the material in the garage and have done a lot of reading since then. The reason why I wasn't able to complete it was due to two deaths in my family. My father and oldest sister passed away (my sister shortly after I joined the board and my father fairly recently.)

While neither death stopped me from being involved in music (specifically engineering and production), it did take a lot out of me mentally, and I put my own projects and dreams on hold because, mentally, I wasn't where I needed to be. Looking back now, I know that was the wrong thing to do. My advice to anyone reading this is twofold: 1.) Accept death. Realize that it is a journey we all have to take and is part of what makes us human. 2.) Use bad times as a time for self-reflection but do not, under any circumstances, allow trials and tribulations to sink your ship. They will rock your boat, but again, do not let them sink your ship.

God Bless,

PH55
kendale

Re: Death...

Post by kendale »

Aloha PH55,

Just saw this. I am sorry for your loss. Our condolences to you and your family.

Aloha
Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.