Have you noticed...

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

jbassino

Have you noticed...

Post by jbassino »

That people on GSlutz.com on the studio building forum, simply don't know what they're building? In other words, most of the studios I've seen lurking on that section, are just WRONG

Take this as an example
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/photo-di ... zil-3.html

The guy is so proud because he put 4 glasses on his, coupled 1-leaf construction.. ouchh
Yeah, he sure has a bunch of gear tho!

Most of the time I just wanna shime in, but they are already on their way through.... just let it be i guess?
:o

Thats why I love this forum
John Sayers
Site Admin

Re: Have you noticed...

Post by John Sayers »

The really interesting aspect of that window is that it looks like he's sealed the frame with expansive foam!! :shock:
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

somebody actually did bring up the 4-leaf issue in a later comment, but didn't understand it himself, and the reply that he got is so way off base as to be in another universe!

It is undoubtedly a 4-leaf system, as John pointed out it isn't even insulated, and it will most likely have really lousy isolation in the low end. I hope the poor guy doesn't plan to record drums or bass in there! :shock:

I was going to post a comment, but then I decided that Javier is right: let sleeping dogs lie. If the guy couldn't be bothered to do the research before starting to build, then he sure as hell won't want to hear about it now.

( It looks like his ceiling is hung on plain old hat channel, too. That doesn't seem to be RC... )

- Stuart -
Ro

Post by Ro »

yeah i've posted comments in other treads before but it is like talking to deafmen. most are just gearhorny. tho I see a few wellknown names there from this forum still trying to reach out. Well, it's a popular forum... but as its name says, it's for gear. building a soundproof room is something completely different. try telling them. good luck haha.

aah stuff it