r

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: r

Post by Soundman2020 »

you are certainly obnoxious and unprofessional.
:) Taken a look in a mirror, lately? :D
not intended to be an opportunity for second rate engineers to express their hatred, or a vehicle for senseless argument.
Ditto!

Have you ever noticed that when you point one finger at others, you end up point three back at yourself? :)
judging from your lack of maturity and professionalism, this seems like a very amateurish forum.
Yet, curiously enough, some of the most highly respected professional studio designers and acousticians in the world post here regularly. What did you say your profession was? I seem to have missed that...
i guess that's why there is not a lot of participation.
Too much, actually: There are well over ten thousand members on the forum, new ones joining all the time, and hundreds of posts every week. Yep, there sure is a lot of participation! So you were actually right about something here...
studious

Post by studious »

Purusha wrote:You asked, we answered. What is wrong with you anyway? Can't take the criticism of something you like or just can't take the criticism at all? :cop:

what "criticism" are you talking about?

you are not making any sense to me.
studious

Post by studious »

Soundman2020 wrote:[ Taken a look in a mirror, lately? :D
Ditto!

Have you ever noticed that when you point one finger at others, you end up point three back at yourself? :)

why are you so hostile? why, all the personal attacks.

its not cool to act that way.

i feel sure that you could not be a musician, or anything like that.
Purusha

Post by Purusha »

what "criticism" are you talking about?
We said a few times, we don't like the Genelecs very much, you forgot?

Regarding getting personal, I think it's you who started getting personal
and than deleted your posts so no one else can see it.

I don't mind if you prefer the Genelecs over any other monitors in the world.
I even don't even mind if you say that Focals suck :D it's just your opinion at the end.
Even if you list a few top notch producers who like the Genelecs this is still
just personal opinion of those few producers and not the absolute truth. Is that simple.
Last edited by Purusha on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
God is the best DIY creator :)

Purusha
lilith_envy

Post by lilith_envy »

lol,
I'm sorry I missed this thread while it was in full swing.

I liked the larger Genies about 7 years ago (couldn't afford them) I haven't heard the new models, but I'm sure they're made in China now :blah:

[edit-spelling]
inkspotproductions
www.bantamstudio.info
donal_finn

Post by donal_finn »

Lilith, I have the feeling this thread is only getting started!!!
I have never heard owned or used Genelec so i can speak re them.
However , with that said, i wouldnt write a product off just cause its made in China.
SE Mics for example are made in china but they are a FANTASTIC product especially the 2000A model (€100 on thomann.)
Any engineer not paying serious attention to these low budget / high grade mics, needs there head seen to because in ten years this company will be where Neumann are now, make no mistake.
My 2 cents, GET EM WHILE THEY ARE STILL 100 BUCKS!!!
I wouldnt swap my SE2000 A for anything.

With regard to the animosity on this thread, and the lack of people joining in with threads on this site,
I commented earlier on it being a waste of hosting space (this thread) and i meant it literally.
This site is an amazing resource, I cant stress that enough.and the people on the forum experts in their feild.
Without it i would dread to think of what my now lovely studio would look and sound like.
No offense meant, but it (the site) and its members deal with a pretty narrowly focused subject.
Most rightminded folk dont even know what Genelec Monitors are remember, never mind a Neumann (a name we all take for granted) or discussion of the finer points of rfz,s for example
Theres not a lot of info online about this subject and the people here tend to be quite involved in projects and under A LOT of pressure, It makes sense therefore to keep this site free of silly threads so the members can dedicate there time to helping other folk in the same boat.

For what its worth, as soon as you start asking interesting / relevant questions you will find plenty of help here even with the most leftfield benign stuff. like roofing details etc..
So folks im sure we all got better things to do than get personal. Lets nice up the place a bit eh! :D
An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.
Mahatma Ghandi.
lilith_envy

Post by lilith_envy »

well said
inkspotproductions
www.bantamstudio.info
Purusha

Post by Purusha »

donal_finn, you mentioned the SE2000A mic. To what mics did you compare it with? Where do you use them normally? Any sound samples?
I think it all depends what level of production or studio one has, right? However it sounds cheap enough to afford one or two if they are so much useful.

Purusha
donal_finn

Post by donal_finn »

I have had the se2000a for almost a year and i have used it on several recordings.
None of these has been"professional" just demos etc.
Unfortunatly i dont have any hugely exspensive Neumann/akg mics to try it over, however.
I do have several decent mics including
2 rode nt1as some nt5s M1s M3s and several 57/58
I find the se beats the rode nt1a by a long shot for pureness and clarity in all aspects of vocals.
I have also used it to record Violins and accoustic Guitars and it is just great.
What i will do is record a direct vocal comparison to the rode in the next few days and post it here.
Either way for less than the price of a 58 you cant go wrong here ,it is really a fantastic Mic.
Gimme a few days and i will get a test done for you.
Now off to play the singing bowls for a while.
An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.
Mahatma Ghandi.
Purusha

Post by Purusha »

OK, nice to know for those who need a good demo mic.

Purusha
mssy

Post by mssy »

lilith_envy wrote:lol,
I'm sorry I missed this thread while it was in full swing.

I liked the larger Genies about 7 years ago (couldn't afford them) I haven't heard the new models, but I'm sure they're made in China now :blah:

[edit-spelling]

The delight of all I can say that Genelec monitors are still made in Iisalmi, Finland. Every model from 6010A to 1036A. There is a factory and and over 100 employee.