Vocal Booth Design

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Vocal Booth Design

Post by Soundman2020 »

since the floor frame is 2" high ...what is inner/upper surface of the floor...plywood ?
Concrete! For a tiny 2" air gap, you will need a LOT of mass on both leaves. The only way to get that kind of mass at a reasonable cost, is concrete. But you can't float concrete on 2x2's!

If you read the thread I linked you to, you will find out how to decide if you need to float your floor at all, and also how to do it right if you do decide that you need to float it.
Md.poneer

Post by Md.poneer »

actually, im not willing to float but, since, the design show that there is a 2x4 stud lies horizontally to join the vertical studs ,so there must be something to fill up the floor space ....and what is that
..........at the other topics u have said to put laminating floor so should i do that?do i need carpet on that?
Md.poneer

Post by Md.poneer »

salam ,
im confused about the ceiling ,the ceiling lights are concealed with ceiling fabric...how? does it have any hard surface like gypsum/ply/mdf behind that?
keepiTight

Post by keepiTight »

Hello, I can not download this plan ... think it is the type of file ".skp" ... Would love to check out the design

Thanks.
SheldonR

Post by SheldonR »

Hey John. The design you offer on the Booth.skp file, my computer does not open it. Can you tell me what program opens a .skp file.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

.skp files are SketchUp 3D models. You can download SketchUp for free from Google.

- Stuart -
basslik

Post by basslik »

John Sayers wrote:It's too small for a drum booth - you couldn't fit a kit inside.
Hi John, hey whats the minimum size for a drum booth?
DIGI 003 CONSOLE + PT9, DIGI MAX FS, Event 20/20's, DECENT MICS
pchristy

Post by pchristy »

Where would you suggest the mic be located in this booth? That is, in which direction would speak? TIA...
G-Sun

Post by G-Sun »

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Really, really helpful!
Esco

Post by Esco »

Do you have any plans for this exact same vocal booth but with the door on the left as opposed to the right?
Laziness is reflected in our life's work. Take the time to learn and stand out over the rest. Anyone can "Just get it done" but it takes true craftsmanship to create a masterpiece.

Esco

http://www.myspace.com/freakshiftdialect
Esco

Post by Esco »

Do you have any plans for this exact same vocal booth but with the door on the left as opposed to the right?
Laziness is reflected in our life's work. Take the time to learn and stand out over the rest. Anyone can "Just get it done" but it takes true craftsmanship to create a masterpiece.

Esco

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

In SketchUp, you can "mirror" the entire model as needed. Just make it into a "component" then use the "flip along axis" tool to mirror it in whichever direction appropriate.

- Stuart -
Esco

Post by Esco »

Can I do this in the free version?

Esco

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Yep! :)

On the "Edit" menu: "Select all" - then right-click and "Make component". Then right-click on the component, and "Flip Along"....

- Stuart -
Esco

Post by Esco »

Got it thanks!

Esco