Thiele small parameters for an old ATC 9inch

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

jackinthebox

Thiele small parameters for an old ATC 9inch

Post by jackinthebox »

Hi There!

this is my first post on this forums so i'm hoping there are some learned tyes out there who may be able to shed some light on a problem i have at the moment. I am currently building some main monitors for my control room out o various ATC bits i've collected along the way. I have two pairs of ancient but new old stock ATC 9inch bass drivers which i believe are alnico, not the current ferrite. I am planning on building two seperate enclosures for them, perhaps sealed boxes if i can get the maths to work, maybe ported like the standard atc boxes. The trouble i'm having at the moment is i need to measure the TS parameters of the bass drivers but i do not have the necessary equipment at the moment. Does anyone out there have experience of these kind of drivers?
I have the three inch midranges and ATC scm50 amps as wel as some audax/ATC tweeters so all i need now is the box volumes and ican get started on my build!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I'm in London so if anyone knows of someone local who could test the drivers or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Jack