Getting all my mics and sound modules into my computer

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

guitardr34m

Getting all my mics and sound modules into my computer

Post by guitardr34m »

well the title probally doesnt make sense. here are all my mics and sound modues that would be in my studio first off.
PAINOS AND SYNTHS
-Roland V-Piano
-Yamaha Motif XS
-Korg X50 Synth
-Alesis Micron Analog Synth

SAMPLERS
-Akai MPC5000 Drum Machine
-Nunmark NS7 DJ Controller

MICS
-The mic names dont really matter but i would have atleast 12 after micing the drums and cabs.

now my problem is getting all of the seperate instruments and mics into my computer for recording. The computer is an Apple MacPro. it has firewire ports and usb ports. ive been thinking that i would run all of the mics and instruments into a mixer to get all the level rights. but then im stuck after there. and im not sure what mixer would be best for that.i want with alot of channels in case i need more mics or instruments. and after the mixer how do i get all of that onto my computer? should i run a cable out of the headphones jack on the mixer into a firewire interface? im completely stumped. i would ask my dad for help since hes a studio owner and is good with all this stuff but he thought it would be fun if i took on the whole task of laying out a studio by myself. thanks for any helppp =)... if this doesnt make sense to you its probally my fault so just let me know and ill try to reword it i guess haha sorry guys
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Getting all my mics and sound modules into my computer

Post by Soundman2020 »

You'd probably be better off asking a question like that on a forum like Gearslutz or something similar. On this forum we are focused on the physical design and construction of studios, not so much the equipment that goes into it.

Having said that, what you need is an audio interface board for your computer, either internal or external, with multiple inputs.

You should also read the stickies...
guitardr34m

Re: Getting all my mics and sound modules into my computer

Post by guitardr34m »

Thank you =) sorry about that