Soffit Thread Locale?????

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

NativeLuv17

Soffit Thread Locale?????

Post by NativeLuv17 »

He everyone, sorry to not post on my own thread but I figured I'd have more chance for a response posting here real quick. I have been searching for a number of weeks for an old post/thread (which I shoud have bookmarked) showing how the soffit mount speaker frames are built against the existing walls, I'm figuring that if they are built butt end to the adjacent walls that this would couple the two. I remember there being a colorful diagram to show the correct way of laying the framework, does anyone remember this thread????

Thanks
Gvgeyuhi Edudi, Nulinega!! Hoka Hey!!!
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Soffit Thread Locale?????

Post by Soundman2020 »

I seem to remember that thread too, but don't recall where, off hand. What I do know is that you shouldn't couple or seal (airtight) the joints where the soffits meet the walls / floor / ceiling. I recall asking that same question a long time back, and I'm pretty sure it was John who replied that the soffit should not be sealed to the walls.

I'll see if I can find that.

- Stuart -
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Found it!

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... all#p84158

Don't now if that is any use to you, though...

- Stuart -
NativeLuv17

Post by NativeLuv17 »

I really appreciate the effort Stuart, but unfortunately that's not the one. :( If I remember correctly it actually had a picture from birds eye over the soffit between the corner walls, and showed the materials, and where to even caulk! Ah well, I'll keep searching, whens the build thread start tho Stuart? You know we are all anticipating it!!
Gvgeyuhi Edudi, Nulinega!! Hoka Hey!!!