JBL LSR 4328 & 4326 flush mount

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

terri faron

JBL LSR 4328 & 4326 flush mount

Post by terri faron »

Hi there, thanks in advance for your time and patience. I've read in the forums several comments, about the speaker's soffit or flush mount. I'm a little bit confused, I saw some with a box surround the speaker box, and another with a sort of belt to tie it to the stand without a box.
On the other hand, Genelec has a kit, http://www.genelec.com/documents/other/ ... t_kits.pdf, but with a weird open port area, over the speaker box.(over the tweeter). What is the best??? The soffits diagrams showed on the forums, self powered speakers, have a port, air circulating, over the speaker box, what happens with the tuning of these resonators??
And in the case of using a sub, you would put below the centre??
thanks very much,
best regards,
Terri
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: JBL LSR 4328 & 4326 flush mount

Post by Soundman2020 »

If I were you, Terri, I'd write to JBL and ask them what they recommend for your speaker, in terms of flush mounting.
The soffits diagrams showed on the forums, self powered speakers, have a port, air circulating, over the speaker box, what happens with the tuning of these resonators??
I don't think you could really consider those to be resonators, since there is a huge amount of absorption inside, and the cavity is pretty large and deep, and unsealed. I doubt it would act as a resonator, or if it did the Q would be so broad and shallow as to have practically no effect at all.
terri faron

Re: JBL LSR 4328 & 4326 flush mount

Post by terri faron »

If I were you, Terri, I'd write to JBL and ask them what they recommend for your speaker, in terms of flush mounting.
..yes, it was what I did, but they suggested me to use Omnimounts.

When you say "the cavity is pretty large and deep, and unsealed" what do you mean? there are no divisions between the front speakers?
thanks,
terri