Mounting mic wall plates and routing wiring

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Mordent123

Mounting mic wall plates and routing wiring

Post by Mordent123 »

Hello, I have a question about the proper way to attach mic panels to the wall, and what would be the best way to route the cables through the wall. I am unsure of how to attach the panels, because the spot that the panel is going into has no studs behind it? Also from what I understand that I don't want to run the cables straight through a wall because the direct path it will create for sound, so I thought that I would have both panels cabling run through the inside of the wall and exit together through a single hole. In the picture the red dotted panels are on the opposite side of the wall that your looking at. The walls are steel stud construction so I could just run the cables through the holes in the studs right? Also what is the best way to block the sound around the snakes coming through the hole? I have used the search function, but could not find an answer. If some one could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
sofiadavis1

Re: Mounting mic wall plates and routing wiring

Post by sofiadavis1 »

Knowledgeable information provides here with and also great for environments where cable management of high density cabling is a concern. Describe with graphics so easy to understood .
adam

Re: Mounting mic wall plates and routing wiring

Post by adam »

Your wall plate has big holes in it, so you'll need to seal the wall behind it somehow.

Have a look at DoubleHelix build thread and scroll down to John's photo of a power outlet. It's a simple solution unless of course you've already put on your wall sheeting! There's no reason you couldn't do something similar with a timber box between your steel studs.