Little monitors

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Phunkeman

Little monitors

Post by Phunkeman »

I am currently working on Meyer HD-1 and have an active sub in my system. Before I went active I had some small radio shack optimus 4" cubes which were great to start my mixes on (before i flip my nearfeilds on) and I really depended on them for the little stuff that jumps out at you if your not careful. I would like to know if i can find some small active 4" boxes that is not that hyped so i can do the same thing with this active set up. Thanks in advance
I like it Phat and Round
Jon Best

Re: Little monitors

Post by Jon Best »

The NHT M-00's are great. active, something like 75w/side, with a 4 and a 1" cloth dome. Great little check-mix boxes, and fairly neutral through the mids.
Phunkeman wrote:I am currently working on Meyer HD-1 and have an active sub in my system. Before I went active I had some small radio shack optimus 4" cubes which were great to start my mixes on (before i flip my nearfeilds on) and I really depended on them for the little stuff that jumps out at you if your not careful. I would like to know if i can find some small active 4" boxes that is not that hyped so i can do the same thing with this active set up. Thanks in advance
Jon Best