recording room troubles

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

beng410

recording room troubles

Post by beng410 »

in my new house my parents decided to get an extra study. This also created an extra room which linked my room to an "extra room" sort of like a big 9' by 6' closet. Wow i thought, this is my dream, i can finally record, untill the stupid builders decided it would be cool to put the water boiler in there. Now eventually i will build a wall and isolate the boiler, but for now i guess ill have to turn it off when i record. also the room has an open design; the room slants down and there is a wallwide vent running basically on the floor (think colonial house, how the roof connects to the brick) and now i have 2 issues and only about 500-1000 dollars, somebody help :roll:
beng410

Post by beng410 »

the 500-1000 dollars will be used for the room, i already have all of my equipment
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

If you're waiting to wall off the water heater, what problems are you wanting to fix with your $500-1000 right now? You need to explain what you want to fix, and if possible post a drawing of some kind - saves a BUNCH of explaining... Steve
beng410

Post by beng410 »

how can i post a picture if the max upload is 150K?
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

beng410 wrote:how can i post a picture if the max upload is 150K?
Reduce the resolution to 72 dpi and make sure the pictures are no bigger than say 300 pixels wide.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Also, JPG's are much smaller than BMP files, if you're using a simple draw program like Paint just save it in jpg format and size it to no more than 800 pixels wide (keeps from having to scroll sideways all the time),,, Steve