Few Short Question about cable installations

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

NativeLuv17

Few Short Question about cable installations

Post by NativeLuv17 »

I'm running into some ideas right now and have some questions I would love to have answered, before running wiring and cables. I have read the forum rules, so if this is not up to the standards, please let me know what I have done wrong or need to elaborate on.

With that being said my studio is in full frame mode right now, but nothing is definite as anything can be taken down if need be. It is being constructed inside of an old dance studio with ceilings running 10', and hard wood floors over layers of carpeting and wood. The full size of the building is 38' x 26' and all previously built outer walls are 2x6'. I have been using a combination of staggered studs on 2x6, and regular studs 2x4 for walls. Basically every room will have decoupled, double leaf walls, and I have yet to decide what I will use for layering, insulation, mass etc.

Mainly I record rock, jazz, and r&b, and the neighbors are not much of an issue. (it was a dance studio before)

Hopefully that covers the aspects of what needs to be known before I ask my questions.

1) Does the location of the wall panels (XLR plates) in each room matter? For instance, if I wanted to place one directly below my control room window?

2) Does the location of those wall panels matter when placing electrical outlets in the rooms? I would assume it must since they do run interference if the cables are too close, but if so, will conduit help, or do nothing?

These next two maybe a little crazy:

3) I wish to mount a television as a monitor directly above the control room window, as I have seen quite a few do. If I decide to throw in a cable outlet on the upper portion of that center wall, will I be asking for trouble in relation to frequency signals or interference? Will it cause reflection issues? I know this is a bit outrageous but, I would be using it for downtime.

4) A friend asked me about mounting PA speakers in the live room for rehearsal space renting, in which I would not consider it a good idea, but is this practical at all?

Please let me know if I have left any info out at all, Thanks NV
lilith_envy

Re: Few Short Question about cable installations

Post by lilith_envy »

1) Does the location of the wall panels (XLR plates) in each room matter? For instance, if I wanted to place one directly below my control room window? I've been in many professional studios that have this setup. It can be good also to see what is being plug in and when! The shortest runs will be the cheapest too. Now if the question is about isolation, you will have to make sure that you seal and insulate around the boxes.

2) Does the location of those wall panels matter when placing electrical outlets in the rooms? I would assume it must since they do run interference if the cables are too close, but if so, will conduit help, or do nothing?Don't run your power and LV together just to be safe. Run the power high and the LV low through the wall.

3) I wish to mount a television as a monitor directly above the control room window, as I have seen quite a few do. If I decide to throw in a cable outlet on the upper portion of that center wall, will I be asking for trouble in relation to frequency signals or interference? Will it cause reflection issues? I know this is a bit outrageous but, I would be using it for downtime.Interference?? unsure what you asking. all film and TV studio will have a monitor/Plasma centered. A TV wont cause any more reflections than the glass will.

4) A friend asked me about mounting PA speakers in the live room for rehearsal space renting, in which I would not consider it a good idea, but is this practical at all? Great idea, as long as they don't buzz!
inkspotproductions
www.bantamstudio.info