Ceiling and Walls

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

retrograde

Ceiling and Walls

Post by retrograde »

John: Were finally underway. Because of timing of contractors drywall on front wall (right in picture) and ceiling in front of control room may need to be installed before side wall framing (foregorund and rear of photo) for interior sliding doors are intalled. Will this compromise the isolation provided by the resilient channel? At miniumum it seems to me that side top wall plates will need to be screwed through the drywall into the resilient channel (not the joists). Would it be critical to hang only the center part of the ceiling and then put up the framing for the side walls? Does it trouble you that the top plates for the side walls will be installed on the already hung resilient channel?

Geoff
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Does it trouble you that the top plates for the side walls will be installed on the already hung resilient channel?
yes - as I assume the side walls will also have RC. Why not just add the drywall and seal off but leave the ends until the additional walls have been added and then seal it off drywall to drywall.

cheers
john