We are moving

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

John Sayers
Site Admin

We are moving

Post by John Sayers »

Our web host is closing down so we will be moving the site over the next week - so if you can't log on wait till the move has occured.

cheers
john
John Sayers
Site Admin

Re: We are moving

Post by John Sayers »

well - thanks to member Shaun McArthur we have now upgraded to phpBB version 3.
We have a few mods to make but it's a later version, more secure and properly installed so the registration works etc.

Let me know if you discover a fault etc ;)

Thankyou Shaun.

cheers
john
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

I love the update, and comments now work on uploaded graphics!

But I made a couple of posts last night, right after the board came back up again, and now they are gone. So I guess that's a fault?

I was going to make another couple of posts this morning, but I think I'll hold off, so I don't wast my time like I did with the other ones.
Ro

Post by Ro »

Speaking of "mods", John.
There's a few moderators who I haven't seen here online for a while (pitty enough). Steve & Keith for example (hey, guys. Where you at?)
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Steve hasn't been here for years Ro - Keith still pops in occasionally.
Ro

Post by Ro »

exactly ;)
johnp

Post by johnp »

Hi Guys

I tried to PM John on this and it doesnt seem to have left my outbox so i'm sending here

Since the site has been moved, i've had issues reliably connecting to www.johnlsayers.com from my home. What happens is i get about 6 or 7 clicks into the site and i lose connection. I;ve tried this on a number of machines from my house all with the same issue (and multiple browsers).
I've contacted my ISP (a company called orange in the UK) who have had me change DNS Server entries and a number of tests and they seem unable to determine the cause of the issue. Whats worse is that if I VPN into my company network, then it works fine (they are a seattle based company)
I wonder if you have had any other prople report an issue like this ?

Orange have since come back to me and asked to check with the site owner to see if there are any IP Address range's excluded from connecting to the site ?

Its really frustrating, as when I'm connected to work via VPN I am supposed to be working :roll:

Any thoughts appreciated
John
Ro

Post by Ro »

To be honest, this site has been working better than ever for me.(!) (prev. I had database connection errors a few times per week)
I think, John, it's you VPN connection or atleast the Proxy you use to get to this website is in error. Hope you can sort it out.
johnp

Post by johnp »

Thanks guys

As it happens, its been working fine for a while now.
I put it down to my ISP having some DNS issues they didnt want to admit to

rgds