material of an already built wall.. any thoughts?

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

belairstudio

material of an already built wall.. any thoughts?

Post by belairstudio »

HI!

I have a thread on the design forum, but thought I'd drop a topic in here for a specific question

I have a wall that I don't know wheter to demolish or not to build the new studio. Since this influences design a lot, I'd like to know what you guys think about this material

How bad is a wall constructed with these bricks (cement and 2 leaves of glass) for studio purposes???

all the best!
Ro

Post by Ro »

It all depends. If you're in the middle of designing and that wall's in the way.. drop it. If you don't like the looks of it, smash it. If you want better isolation, kill it.

I'd remove it all the way. Gives you all the space to design it the way YOU want the room to be!

The glass blocks are semi-transparent so you can't really use it as a "window", eh.
belairstudio

Post by belairstudio »

Ro wrote:It all depends. If you're in the middle of designing and that wall's in the way.. drop it. If you don't like the looks of it, smash it. If you want better isolation, kill it.

I'd remove it all the way. Gives you all the space to design it the way YOU want the room to be!

The glass blocks are semi-transparent so you can't really use it as a "window", eh.
Thanks Ro!

The wall is not that important in design actually, it forces me to move by 50cm a CR wall and loose very little space.

Fact is I think the wall is a "BAD" wall for a studio. layers of glas maybe make it a 2 leaves wall already, making a 3 leaves system with the inner rooms' walls

Fact is.. it was expensive to build in the first place and it looks cool as an outside wall of the studio (it will be the "entrance wall") :roll:

it's a tradeoff obviously, maybe I'm looking for someone to tell me "boy that wall is a mess acoustically, smash it!!" :D
Ro

Post by Ro »

boy that wall is a mess acoustically, smash it!!

can't you "save" the blocks and re-use them somewhere else?
belairstudio

Post by belairstudio »

great!! that was exactly what I was waiting/fearing :P