Heavy-duty rubber / gym floor mats?

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

kirkbross

Heavy-duty rubber / gym floor mats?

Post by kirkbross »

I built this little iso room which has no floor and currently sits on the carpet in my apartment living room. I'm getting ready to move into a house (rental) with hardwood floors and I'm going to make the second bedroom into my studio. I want / need to protect the floor with something and I was thinking of using those thick, interlocking rubber mats they use in commercial gyms but there are a lot of brands to choose from and I want the good stuff.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand heavy duty rubber flooring and where to buy it? I haven't checked Home Depot, but I'd like to be able to pick it up and save on shipping. I live in Los Angeles.

Thanks in advance-
Kirk Ross >> Pearlman TM-1 >> Chandler LTD-1 >> EL Distressor >> Digi002 >> Dynaudio BM5As >> Ears
delusion

Post by delusion »

I'm 99% sure that Osh has it on the corner of Sunset & Western in Hollywood. It's in the very back left corner of the store. They have neoprene, cork, and other things that might work for you to. It's all in that same area.
kirkbross

Post by kirkbross »

Thanks. I always forget about Osh with the behemoth Home Depot across the street.

So I went down to Osh today and they have mostly just rolls of that thin "runner" mat sold by the foot. It would work, but was was looking for something a little thicker, like 1/2" or 3/4" coming in interlocking pieces. I might try Big 5 or another big sports store and see what they have.
Kirk Ross >> Pearlman TM-1 >> Chandler LTD-1 >> EL Distressor >> Digi002 >> Dynaudio BM5As >> Ears
delusion

Post by delusion »

Damn, I could of swore that I saw that stuff you're talking about...the square multi-colored interlocking puzzle piece things. Sorry about that, it must have been somewhere else if you didn't find it. I'll let you know if I find it elsewhere, as I've been finding myself at hardware stores way more often then I would prefer!
drumslinger

Re: Heavy-duty rubber / gym floor mats?

Post by drumslinger »

go to WalMart. should be in the sporting goods area. it's about a 1/2 inch interlocking mat. Academy should also have it.