first mix from the new room :-)

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

MOSHWITZ

first mix from the new room :-)

Post by MOSHWITZ »

SUP '8)'

I just finished mixing a tune called BREAK that is gonna go on a 3 song EP(later 6 song cd) for one of the bands i play with, LYCHESIS, a prog metal band I joined a couple of years ago as the "stunt" guitarist :lol: . as all the material was written before I joined, I came in to write solos and to thicken up the rhythm as my technique is completely different from the other guitarist. It was tracked at the bands jam room/studio then givin to me to work with :wink: all the mixing ,editing, ex.. I have done at my place on my D8B in the new room.

Me and my Engl Savage 120 are on the left and the solo is mine.
I also used the direct out and ran it through revalver with a VHT-15 impulse on it.
on the other guitarists Ampeg i ran it through revalver with an eruption impulse on it.

I also re-trigered the drums with Drumagog and mixed them in with the drum sounds as well.

I learned allot about editing during this undertaking :roll:

The rough mix version of "The Call" is still there as well (for now), and this and "Prosperity?" is now being remixed and mastered as well,
so we should have those in the near future. Once those are done, the EP will be officially complete and ready for distribution.

Meanwhile, we are recording the rest of the songs for the full CD, which we hope to have completely finished by the end of the year. Working titles on the remaining tunes are "Beyond the Veil", "BSO", and "All That I Am".

Once everything is done and the CD is ready to put out, we're going to have a CD release party. We're working on arranging a first-rate venue for that, and we're hoping a few hundred or so of our closest personal friends will be there. But, of course, more on that later - first things first, and we're working on getting the songs finished.

Anyway - check out the new song.

http://www.myspace.com/lychesis

I know this is what allot of you do for a living so don't laugh to hard,, I aint no Eddie Kramer :roll: but i thought i'd share my journey :D

critique, comments, whatever, would be greatly appreciated

MOSHON
DAVE
Gentlemen,,,Start your Wallets.
MOSHWITZ

Post by MOSHWITZ »

Sup?

I just got Windoze re-installed so i can actually get online again.. :roll:

We are actually getting some airplay on a couple of internet radio stations, and got the #2 requested on a new little station that our singer sent the song to :shock:

http://v103.net/radio/

at least more people are getting to hear it now then on the watery sounding myspace page So thats cool :D

MOSHON
DAVE
Gentlemen,,,Start your Wallets.