Connecting CABLES...help needed..

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

zemusic

Connecting CABLES...help needed..

Post by zemusic »

Hello,
I have recently bought a few items to build a small studio for my self at home... My problem is connecting the cables in the right order..
This is what i have:

1.Mackie Mixer CFX12
2.PreSonus HP4 -i guess for headphones
3.BlueTube-for giving more power to my phantom mic?
4.two yamaha monitors - speakers
5.C1 studio mic
6.Mbox which is my sound card....
7.300 watt amp
8.A PC
9.a midi keyboard-will it is a Yamaha psr2100
10.cubase software

Now! can anyone please give me a step by step guide as to how to connect everything so i can record...and please mention which inputs go to which outputs and which items...Thank you for your kind help...
Edo Peters

Post by Edo Peters »

Excuse me for saying this, but your question sounds a bit like "I bought a bunch of autoparts, please help me put them together to be able to call it a car". I'm sure there's a bunch of people here (i'm no exception either) that would know how to hook up things, but it seems more appropriate in another section of the forum maybe. That is, if I can get rid of the thought that you might want to study hooking up gear and understanding the stuff more before you'd want to be busy 'running' a studio.

Furthermore this is a studio DESIGN forum, meaning the overall shape and acoustics of the ROOMS. And there are a number of quite simple rules. You can find them in the top subject on the main page. I suggest you do some reading, then some more reading. It took me almost 4 months to get up to speed with what's happening on this here fine forum, and I'm still learning everyday. I'm just giving you a hint to comply with the forum rules, before you become the subject of severe flames from the professionals in here. (I'm no moderator btw, just fond of a very nice forum).

Good luck!
Regards,

Edo
zemusic

re

Post by zemusic »

Thank you i have started reading some of the literature on wiring.... Thank you..