Home business studio laws

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Preludetojune

Home business studio laws

Post by Preludetojune »

hi guys, i have a question to ask, im not sure in which forum it would belong but i suppose this one is fine, i want to build a studio like that of sonar but before i do i need to ask if anyone knows how the laws work with regards to a home studio open to the public. Is it seen as a home business and do the same laws aply as any business run from the home or is it more of a hobby? i know it differs from territory to territory but there should be overall laws regarding this? could i get into any trouble opening up a studio of this size in a residential area (my backyard) and making a bit of extra cash?
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

i think i answered this in another forum - but you're best off checking with your local business council to determine the rules. plus from a studio design perspective - different rules come into play between a project studio and a commercial facility.
Glenn
homestudiogallery

Re: Home business studio laws

Post by homestudiogallery »

Thats a good point gullfo. There are way to many laws from neiborhood to neighborhood, city to city, state to state, country to country. There is no way to trust a blanket studio law persay. You really should check your local chamber of commerce. Also talk to other studios in the area. They might be able to steer you into legal ways to avoid paying out to much money.
Post and look at home studio pictures for free! Show people what your space and gear looks like, or get ideas from others.

HomeStudioGallery.com