Monitor Setup.

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

knightcaesar

Monitor Setup.

Post by knightcaesar »

Let me begin by saying that this site is Heaven on Earth. I have learnt alot and would like to thank the community as a whole.

I am in the process of setting up a studio and have run into a couple of questions in the planning phase.

I have a Quad Core Duo g5 Mac Computer and a custom Quad Core PC. Independently they work fine but now that i will move into an actual studio, i am having issues as to how to set them up. The G5 comes with a dual head video card while the pc has a single head card. The mac is shared with with my brother who is a video editor.

My question is how do i daisy chain Kvm swithces to be able to use both computers on 2 22inch and 1 28inch LCD monitor?

I have seen photos of guys with 3 monitor setups, just wondering how to do it without breaking my bank.

Thank you in advance.
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Greetings and Welcome to the site.

I have a Quad Core Duo g5 Mac Computer and a custom Quad Core PC. Independently they work fine but now that i will move into an actual studio, i am having issues as to how to set them up. The G5 comes with a dual head video card while the pc has a single head card. The mac is shared with with my brother who is a video editor.

My question is how do i daisy chain Kvm swithces to be able to use both computers on 2 22inch and 1 28inch LCD monitor?
If I'm reading this correctly, your mac has a dual monitor output, and the PC has a single output.

In what configuration are you wanting to set these up exactly as far as switching, etc.?

Are you using Analog or DVI connections on your video cards?

Thanks.

Aaron
tcdyer

Post by tcdyer »

You could do it with 3 KVMs and suitible vidio splitting (assuming both computers use the same vid connectors). This would allow any video output to go to any monitors input.

To do it properly; you would need 3 splitters that could split 3 ways and 3 KVMs with at least 3 inputs each. This could be expensive. Very expensive.

Thats my best idea...