Good Building Supply Sources in NYC/NJ area

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

fingers57

Good Building Supply Sources in NYC/NJ area

Post by fingers57 »

I just ordered Green Glue from an outfit called Sound Isolation Company for $170 a case. They are based in North Carolina I believe but have a distribution center in Union City, NJ (right across the river from NYC). Both the sales guy in NC and the fellow in Union City were very helpful. SIC has a good website: www.soundisolationcompany.com/

I highly recommend SPI in Cartaret, NJ for sheet rock, acoustical caulk, insulation, etc. Their prices are at least a third below Home Depot and if you go to their warehouse in NJ to pay, the sales tax is only 3 %. I found the sales folks very helpful and courteous (I spoke to a woman named "Taheera"). Also, for orders over $350, they will deliver for free (within a certain radius - I live about 11 miles away from the place and am getting free delivery of sheet rock). SPI also has a website: www.spi-co.com/index.html

I hope everyone has as positive experience as I did with these two companies!