John's Northern Australian Walk-abouts

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Drumdrumdrumdrum

John's Northern Australian Walk-abouts

Post by Drumdrumdrumdrum »

John,

After reading a bit about your history I was interested to see that in recent times you have been traveling the outback in search of the 'local' music and talent.

This is something that is very close to both my wife and my heart. My wife has a dream to bring indigenous people to our studio to have them record, 'pro bona'.

On the eve of the official apology by our fearless Prime Minister' Kevin Rudd, to the indigenous peoples of Australia, I would love to here more about this area of your life. I believe this forum is the perfect opportunity to have this information available to the public.

Thanks
jashwa

Post by jashwa »

I live in Ecuador which has a very large and very diverse indigenous population. There are different quichua speaking groups in the Andes, huaorani, shuar, achuar, secoya, kichwa etc. in the amazon. there are the tsachilas and awa in coastal areas. and of course the afro-ecuadorian music of the coast and of the valle of chota. I have a lot of contacts. if you were super serious and could finance a project i can put you in touch.
josh
jashwa

Post by jashwa »

i just realized that you´re in australia. for some reason i thought you were in oregon. jjaja. so transportation costs and all that probably wouldn´t make much sense. sorry.