Midimonkey Construction - Continued

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

No biggie, it's not like I need any MORE things to spend non-existent "spare" time on
Like "alternating current" explainations to inquisitive old farts.(thanks again) I know what you mean though Steve. I spent a whole
evening reading 'bout Tesla. As though I have nothing better to do than read. Like find a job. Fix my car. Split firewood. Honey Do's. Cut parts for mantle project. Fix planer. Lay out studio. UNPACK studio shit. Organize shop. Make stuff for ebay. Fix wifes inventory for ebay. Build new workbench. Fix bathroom plumbing. Clean firewood residue. etc etc etc :shock: Spare time.....whats that? (But notice I spend what little I have to post rediculous stuff like this though. :roll:
" ....yes dear, I'm coming!"
fitZ :)
alright, breaks over , back on your heads......
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Speaking of which, did that explanation make sense? Or did your thumb just burn out? It's so much easier to 'splain things in person, 'cause you get to actually SEE the glazed look in the eyes so you can try a different analogy...

I think the main thing there is the realization that YES, there IS an equal current in the neutral, because the shit has to go SOMEWHERE :?

As to lists, etc, I have a simple way of telling whether I'm doing something wrong - if I'm doing ANYTHING, I'm doing something wrong because no matter what I'm doing I should be doing something ELSE. If, on the other hand, I'm doing NOTHING, I'm STILL doing something wrong - because I should be doing SOMETHING - However, if I'm doing SOMETHING, I really SHOULD be doing something ELSE... :cry:

OK, all together now (in 5-part harmony, with feeling), from a Linda Ronstadt song - Oooh, poor poor pitiful me...
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

Steve, YER KILLIN ME!!
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Yeah, ain't I a panic though :roll:

Speakin' of which, "city boy", here's "country-fried" lesson # 17 -

"Clean firewood residue" - Around these here parts, we jist say "Haul Ash" :twisted:

Sorry, couldn't POSSIBLY let that one go - I tried, really I did, I REALLY tried... Aw, Hell, you KNOW I jumped on it first chance, who'm I tryn ta kid... 8)
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

Speaking of which, did that explanation make sense? Or did your thumb just burn out? It's so much easier to 'splain things in person, 'cause you get to actually SEE the glazed look in the eyes so you can try a different analogy...
You spoke loud and clear Steve. I got the picture. Sorta(glazed look appears, dumb look follows, "huh" forms in mind, brain sends.. "wha the f...", urge to scratch head gets stronger, reader stares at text for days, 2+2=5 becomes fact ) Sure, I gottcha(reader lies) No problem(tongue becomes dry, sweat appears on forehead) Yea, the pants and thumb explaination did the trick Steve(reader licks blister and curses). Well, I guess that about wraps that one up huh?(reader breaths deep, rolls eyes) Like I said though, no more electrical stuff from me, ok?(reader crosses fingers) So, "haul ash" is what you good ole boys call it huh?
(reader makes feeble attempt at diversion but it is useless) "Hey Steve, think ya could .....FUCK IT...FUCK IT.....NO I DON'T understand the positive/negative thing one IOTA!
Never have. Never will.(readers face becomes BEET RED with embarrassment) Ain't no analogy in the world that will 'splain that one.(BIG sigh of relief) SO WHAT IF I'M A BRAIN DEAD MORON WITHOUT A CLUE. so what if I'm ignorant. so what if....if I CAN"T GRASP the simplist concept in the world. I DON"T GET IT> OK>>IS THAT GOOD 'NUFF FOR YA?(reader trembles) so....will ya still speak to a dummy?

Good god, I did it again.......think I'll go for a walk. :roll:(reader walks away thinking "now how in the fuck do those Tesla coils work, hmmm, must be related to radio spark gap coils....or somethin")
fitZ
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz... In 2-1/2 years of teaching electronic theory in a classroom I never had a student that I couldn't find a way to 'splain this to - 'course, it WAS face to face...

Which is maybe how we oughta do this - I'll put it on the back burner for now, but once we find time to get together (maybe one of our fine Pacific storms will just blow you inland to my place, or somethin') We be gonna fry this fish one way or t'other, and thassa fact, jack - trust me, I got a few ways left to go, and "mono a mono" makes it a lot easier for BOTH of us -

Maybe before this winter's completely over, we can get together so I can watch yer eyes glaze in person... Steve
frederic

Post by frederic »

knightfly wrote:Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz... In 2-1/2 years of teaching electronic theory in a classroom I never had a student that I couldn't find a way to 'splain this to - 'course, it WAS face to face...
The easiest way to teach someone electricity is to hose them down and hand them a screwdriver, and an extension cord :D
Maybe before this winter's completely over, we can get together so I can watch yer eyes glaze in person... Steve
We should do a Recording Conference Call! LOL