AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT -

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Innovations

Post by Innovations »

yes, definitly take care of the most important things.

My son totaled a car of mine about four years ago and actually the insurance paperwork was surprizingly light. I was also surprized at how little it takes for the insurance company to declare a car a total. The reason is that when they declare a total they keep the car...and the value of the salvaged parts. So the fact that the wreck did not deploy the airbags or break any of the windows or dent most of the major body panels or damage the engine...meant that the car had a LOT of salvage value as parts!
Sen

Post by Sen »

Sorry to hear the bad news Steve :( ...Hope everything works out perfect for you guys and Ann gets well soon :!:
Kind regards
Sen
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Every once in a while I see something that momentarily re-affirms my faith in humanity - more often than not lately, it comes from the membership right here on this board. I have shown all your wonderful comments and best wishes to Ann, and we both appreciate your concern and compassion more than words can express (though, in my inimitable fashion I still TRY :? ) -

As I've said before, I couldn't be more proud of a group of friends; everyone here has helped keep this board one of the friendliest, most helpful places of its kind on the internet; I can't thank you enough.

Ann is recovering at her usual rapid rate (second only to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, only Ann is REAL) - this lady has beaten breast cancer (both sides) and if we both get the flu, I suffer for a week or two while she coughs, bitches about it, and moves on :lol: ) -

this last trial seems to be no exception - two days and she's refusing pain medication and trying to get caught up on housework (I know better than to get in her way, so I just remind her not to push too much, and occasionally unplug whatever she's using to make her stop)

Realistically, I think it will take a month or more before she can move without being reminded of it, but so far the improvement is nothing short of phenomenal. (kind of like the degree of patience that's allowed her to tolerate ME for the last 39 years :? )

I'm still working on a bunch of crap paperwork, etc, so won't be back in full swing for a while; I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and compassion -

Glad to be a part of this extraordinary community... Steve and Ann
giles117

Post by giles117 »

You welcome man. Keep up the Godd husbandry and great work on the site :)
Bryan Giles

FOH Live, Live Remote & Studio Engineer
Producer

Just living life and having fun with all this talent YHWH Elohim has given me.
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Glad to hear Ann is doing well.
:D :D

Aaron