Treatment for very small control room

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

bolehnggak

Post by bolehnggak »

Here's my other design. Dunno if it would be cheaper though. :)
Anyway, it's based on the wall units article.

Ari
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Yes - but is there any chance of turning the room around - like this - do you need a sound lock??

cheers
john
bolehnggak

Post by bolehnggak »

Unfortunately, the soundlock is actually the entrance to the studio. Here I post the whole studio area. Actually it also need some suggestion of treatment, but I thought maybe I concentrate on the control room first, but if you have any thoughts, I would be very thankful. :)
The studio is not only for recording, but also for rehearsal. And lately I often record the people who rehearse there live to multitrack, so there are many leakage between instruments, which is tamed by running all amp direct, guitars using amp simulator, and the amps are turned down so they won't leak into the drum mics.

Ari
bolehnggak

Post by bolehnggak »

Well, actually the soundlock is needed for security purpose. Because the room is for rental use also, it's better to divide the control room, so everyone who is using the rehearsal room won't have to go through the control room, which may cause some unresponsible people to play or steal some of the gears in the control room, which was already happened. Also, they can use the rehearsal room, and I can still use the control room for some purposes, maybe tracking or partially mixing some stuff, or just looking for inspiration. :)

Ari
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

I see - OK I understand.

Then what you said :):)

cheers
john
bolehnggak

Post by bolehnggak »

Well, maybe I will go back to my previous design. Here's the drawing.
(I posted this drawing in earlier post actually, sorry for inconvenience)
The pink line is insulation (don't know which insulation is good, is glass wool ok?) covered with cloth, and the green line is slot resonators.
Any suggestion? It's only a rough design, I need help on how big is the air cavity behind the slot resonator. Also more inputs are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Ari
Sen

sorry tu jump into this conversation....

Post by Sen »

...John, I notice you put the rigid fibreglass at the "leftbank" so that the black side is facing outwards. Any particular reason for this, or does it matter at all which way you turn it?

Thanks John
Kind regards
Sen
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

The black side is a cloth cover for the isulation fibers so it's used with the black facing out so the fibers don't get into the room.

cheers
john