Fuse Box Question

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Pinhedgtr

Fuse Box Question

Post by Pinhedgtr »

The electrical fuse box is currently mounted on the 2X4 walls, how would I go about moving it to allow for us to put up the RC1 and drywall and then remount it?

Thanks,
Brian
Pinhedgtr

Re: Fuse Box Question

Post by Pinhedgtr »

Nothing huh? Surely someone has had to deal with this same situation.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Maybe no one can see a reason to remove it in order to add RC and Drywall.

perhaps you need to give more info.
Speedskater

Post by Speedskater »

Pinhedgtr wrote:Nothing huh? Surely someone has had to deal with this same situation.
It's because every situation is different!
Find a skilled electrician.
Kevin
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Find a skilled electrician.
... and make sure he thoroughly understands studio isolation, and studio acoustics!!

( I think what everyone is saying here is that you need to follow the forum rules and provide as much information as possible on what you plan to do and why you plan to do it. Without that, nobody can answer your question. )

- Stuart -
hally

Post by hally »

Would it be easier to frame around the fuse box with 2x4 or what ever size timber and attach the RC to this, u could incorporate an acoustic door into it to allow for easy access... Do u have any photos of your scenario

Good luck hally
Pinhedgtr

Post by Pinhedgtr »

Thanks Hally! The isolation box is genius...such a simple solution. You rock!

B
Speedskater

Post by Speedskater »

Remember when building this enclosure/door that during an emergency, the fuses/breakers have to be readily accessible.
Kevin
hally

Post by hally »

Remember the door must be properly sealed, just follow the guidlines for door construction on this forum and u can't go wrong...
Will this framing be forming part of the inner or outer leaf?

cheers hally
Pinhedgtr

Post by Pinhedgtr »

Actually, we're not doing a two leaf system, we are just putting up rc and 2 layers of drywall and beefing up the doors a bit. One of the issues with the sealed box and door around the fuse box is that there is a big big pipe coming out the top of the fuse box that carries the wires throughout the gaage and house. I will try to get some pictures of this the next time I'm over there. I guess another option would be to build another wall in the corner where the fuse box is with some sort of door in it for access. Thanks for all the helpful advice!
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Actually, we're not doing a two leaf system, we are just putting up rc and 2 layers of drywall
Sounds like two-leaf to me.... Assuming that the "RC and 2 layers of drywall" is going on studs that already have drywall on the other side of them?

- Stuart -
hally

Post by hally »

Hi Stuart,
I just returned from very close to your part of the world, we were in Mendoza for 6 weeks, 40 degree heat, cyclones, flooding, its crazy weather over there and we returned to snow in ireland..don't know whar season it is! hope ur keeping well

regards hally
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Hey Hally! Good to hear form you. So close, yet so far! You should have hopped over the mountains, for a really "moving" experience to add to your wind, rain and heat! The earth has been shaking quite a bit for the last couple of weeks, some big, some small. I think you even had a couple of fairly big ones over there in Mendoza?

- Stuart -
hally

Post by hally »

I was safely on a plane back to ireland the day before the earthquake hit, was there any damage to any of your stuff?

regards
hally
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

was there any damage to any of your stuff?
No damage to my stuff, fortunately, but there is a huge amount of damage in general, not to mention the destroyed lives. I drove down to the epicenter to pick up my daughter last week, and the situation down there is shocking.

- Stuart -