The Future - I want one

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

John Sayers
Site Admin

The Future - I want one

Post by John Sayers »

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php

all electric - recharge 45 mins, 300 mile (482Km) capacity, 120 mph. (193km/hr)

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: The Future - I want one

Post by Soundman2020 »

Oh yeah! Now you're talkin! That's a vehicle that makes sense! The price ain't cheap, though. Maybe Santa will bring me one for Christmas if I'm a really good boy all year? :)

Seriously, it looks pretty neat, and the specs sound great. I want one too!

- Stuart -
Last edited by Soundman2020 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

it's cheaper than the $100K sportster Stuart - they are getting the cost down :)
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

It says they are taking orders, so I guess that means it will be out real soon. If only companies like that would open offices in Chile, so I could get to play with some of their toys. I'll be in the market for a new car next year (after the studio is done! :) )and I'm seriously thinking that something like that would be ideal. But with no sales or service organization here, I guess I'm stuck with yet another gas guzzler.

Well, I can carry on dreaming, I guess...

- Stuart -
Ro

Post by Ro »

that's a cool looking vehicle, John. Let's all donate a few more buckaroons so John can get his whish ;)
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

'Thanks Ro - but if I had $50K ....I'd spend it on something else. I'm not really into cars.

I suppose what amazes me is that finally I can see a real vehicle that can compete with the car of today that runs on electricity. That's a major breakthrough cos these guys are very particular. The batteries are recycleable, the bodywork is sustainable etc. I've got electricty at home - therefore we won't need petrol tankers on the roads anymore.

Can't wait to see the electric triple-B-semi-trailer! :thu:

That's a container studio behind :)
Ro

Post by Ro »

Yeah, it's a good thing, cars running on batteries. I'd drive such a car without a doubt. if the car looks cool on me that is :)
Such a truck on batteries, eh. you'd need another trailer just for those batteries I guess. Sure is a cool one (hell, every vehicle dragging a portable studio is cool)