Hello from Bonnie Scotland

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

montanasan

Hello from Bonnie Scotland

Post by montanasan »

Just thought I'd post as I've just registered. Off to do a little reading before I start asking advice on my possible garage conversion. It's all very exciting but I really know so little about building a studio space which is a bit embarrassing as I've recorded in some of the best - Abbey Road, Air, Windmill Lane, etc. I feel as if I'm about to start a very long journey... uphill!!
Over an doubt, JOE.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Bonnie Scotland

Post by Soundman2020 »

I'd suggest that you start by clicking here.

- Stuart -
montanasan

Post by montanasan »

Thanks Stuart. Looks like I've got lots of reading to do over the next few days.
Over an doubt, JOE.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

I feel as if I'm about to start a very long journey... uphill!!
montanasan wrote:Thanks Stuart. Looks like I've got lots of reading to do over the next few days.
Yup! And yup!

But stick with it, for sure! I have learned an unbelievable amount of stuff by doing exactly that: reading over this forum for weeks, and following up on links to other places. This truly is an amazing resource.

There are lots of great people here, who really do know what they are talking about, and folks like me who are still learning but like to waffle about what they already learned. And there are hundreds of threads with advice on every topic you could possibly want to learn about in studio design / construction.

So welcome, and good luck with your reading!

- Stuart -