Question about Trident 80B wiring and NPPA TT PT

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

calimero9

Question about Trident 80B wiring and NPPA TT PT

Post by calimero9 »

Hi,
after a long time making the acoustic of my recording studio right :-) I would like to do the same for my wiring...I own a Trident 80B and it sounds great !! but I came for a few times on the idea to renew my wiring. My questions are the following :
Should i use the trident multichannel in/out directly to the Digidesign audiointerface in/out ?
or Should i connect my Digidesign audiointerface in/out directly to an external NPPA TT ?
And if i use a NPPA TT patchbay must be this one halfnormalled ? Top or Bottom halfnormalled ?
I send a pic of my Trident patchbay, can someone tell me what's "Tie lines" made for ?
Thanks a lot and sorry to be confused :-)
WayneD

Re: Question about Trident 80B wiring and NPPA TT PT

Post by WayneD »

Tie Lines are the lines from your live room and/or vocal booth. I would suggest you do some research on the differing properties of patch bays. Normals are just that, they are normally connected to.....for example; your main buss inserts are normalled to your DAT.
You'll want to learn how to plan this to minimize patching. TT cables are expensive, so smart planning in regards to your PB will serve you well.

W
Wayne D
Aaronw

Re: Question about Trident 80B wiring and NPPA TT PT

Post by Aaronw »

Hello. Ah, the ole Trident 80B. My favorite console!

A lot of those bays that come with the console are already wired directly, such as inserts, and various others. the Tuschels on the bottom of the console under the patchbay, are usually there for a multi-track recorder (in/out) and the Tie Lines are there for all your mic/line inputs from the tracking rooms, etc. Sometimes, depending on how you want to wire it, Tie lines can be substituted for outboard gear, if there's not a section already on the console bay for them, and if they're not already normalled to the mic/line inputs of the console. Best thing to start off with, is read the console manual, the patchbay and I/O sections to find out exactly how your console is configured and or any other notes from previous owners. Start there, and feel free to ask additional questions.

I don't get a chance to get on the forum as often as i used to, so if I don't answer in a timely fashion, please just drop me an email, and I'll offer what assistance that I can.

Aaron