What do I need to make High Quality Professional Recordings?

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

nihal

What do I need to make High Quality Professional Recordings?

Post by nihal »

I already have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Pro and a Bearhearing Mixer which basically I can use to record a band in 2 Channels. The Main Out from the Mixer goes to the RCA's at the back of the Sound Card (external box).

Do I need to get a seperate Sound Card just for Audio Recording. How much will that cost? I looked for USB Audio Capture but it doesn't really support a mixer.

Or can my Sound Blaster Sound Card capture all the audio My Mixer produces?
Ro

Post by Ro »

it's a prank, right? it MUST be a prank! :P

Sorry dude, I was just making fun of you.
Why don't you ask that same question on http://www.gearslutz.com/board, it's all about that stuff!

On this forum we talk about actually BUILDING a studio (not about gear, necessarily)
nihal

Post by nihal »

Ro,

Thank you so much for giving me a good link. I did not know this was a design studio, I thought this was for all recording stuff, but thank you for the link :).

About the way you called me prank, I guess that could be insulting, but at least you were just joking around and making fun of me and I am not offended by that at all (i like to joke around too) and this is nothing from after I've been through computing.net, they all fuss whenever I ask a question in the wrong forum and they would fuss if I repost it in the appropriate location, since thats considered duplicating posts. The people on here are so much better, not going to lie.
Ro

Post by Ro »

Okay man. This, indeed, is a friendly forum where we like to help any one wit a question related to audio/recording. And yeah, I like to drop in a joke or two :) thanx for your reply, the best of luck on the "other" forums !