Korg Triton Extreme and Korg Karma - MIDI HELP

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

AlexHoward

Korg Triton Extreme and Korg Karma - MIDI HELP

Post by AlexHoward »

Hi Guys,

This is my 1st post in this section of the forum, and wondered if you could help me out with a midi query.

I work as a sound technician for a Norwich based corporate band called “Dynamite”.

The Keyboard player runs two keyboards:

Korg Triton Extreme and Korg Karma

As they do many covers he constantly has to change between banks and effects.

Does anyone know of a way, and/or a program, that can enable him to change the effects on each keyboard at the touch of a button, or use one as a controller for the other?

Think the best option would be to have all the songs stored somewhere, and when he selects one, the keyboards change to the correct effects…

Thanks in advance!
Alex Howard & Nick Worrall
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

laptop with USB midi box and midi control software. this way you can automate all the settings as well as control additional sequencing (like drums etc). Sonar, Cubase, and a number of other DAW tools with good midi support can handle songs lists, settings, sequences etc.
Glenn
AlexHoward

Post by AlexHoward »

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for getting back to me.

From looking at other posts in this section I was beginning to think it was more like ‘Black hole’ than ‘Wombat hole’ :shock: :lol:

However,

From what I know, and have used, with MIDI (not a huge amount, I must admit), sequencers just play the sounds from the keyboard, and don’t actually change the banks so you can play manually?

I’m probably wrong here, it wouldn’t be the 1st time :wink:

Comments…?
kendale

Post by kendale »

Aloha,

Its been awhile, but there are parameters that you can control/change via midi. I'll try to track down some of the ones that I have mapped out and post them here.

Aloha 8)
Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
AlexHoward

Post by AlexHoward »

Hi,

Cheers Kendale,

Look forward to seeing them
natural11

Post by natural11 »

He should be able to modify any patch on those keyboards and save them to a floppy disk. (the Karma has a disk drive - I assume the triton does too)He can even reorder them so they follow the song set.
Then just call up preset 1 then 2 etc.
That will of course require 2 button presses. One on each keyboard.
If you want it all done with 1 button press, then you'll need the slightly more complex setup mentioned above.