Soffit mounting Dynaudio BM5a

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

Earshot

Soffit mounting Dynaudio BM5a

Post by Earshot »

Hi there,

I am currently building a small studio (control room approx 3.5 by 4m) and am keen to soffit mount my monitors. My current monitors (JBL LSR25) are not suitable and will need upgrading. I am looking at either Mackie HR824 or Dynaudio BM5a ´s. I have read a bit about the Mackies and their suitability for soffit mounting but am interested to know if the Dynaudio´s are suitable? If not can anyone reccommend some monitors in this price range? I mainly mix rock/pop and do not want to run a sub.

Cheers,

Matt
Lou

Post by Lou »

Hi Matt - Not sure how much help I can be but this is a shot of my control room with my Air 15's soffit mounted. :wink:

I can tell you that all the 'Air' range are designed to be soffit mounted.

I think your best bet would be to contact T.C. Electronics (distributors for Dyn-Audio) and ask them.

For my two cents, in any event, the BM's will out-class the Mackie's all day long! :wink:

Just an opinion dude. :wink:

Regards,

Lou. 8)
Earshot

Post by Earshot »

Hi Lou,

Thanks heaps for that, nice room too! I am leaning towards the Dynaudios, however I couldn't find any info specifically relating to soffit mounting that model, might try contact dist. as you said,

Cheers,

Matt
Earshot

Post by Earshot »

Just incase anyone is interested, I contacted TC Electronics and they said they did NOT reccommend soffit mounting of the BM5´s due to the rear port. Am looking into some Adam A7´s which I hope will be a better option, be stoked to hear from anyone who uses a set of these?