about "scotts studio"

Discuss the studios designed by John Sayers productions

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

malfunction

about "scotts studio"

Post by malfunction »

I am building a studio and have gotten pretty much framing done for the speaker soffits. But as I was done with the framing I realized that the speakers are now standing pretty high with the tweeters of my genelec 1030's about 10cm above my head when I'm sitting down.

I made the soffits so that the speakers would stand at the height of 1,1m.

I noticed that scotts studio has their speakers mounted pretty high in the soffit also and was wondering how much effect the height would have on my listening position. I did read the owner's comments about scotts studio but I just wanted to be certain that I'm not making a major mistake here.

Here's my thread:
http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10803

Thanks.
Gash

Post by Gash »

Well, since you made sure to place them 1.1m above floor level I guess you already read the SAE page on speakers. In particular, taking a look at this image.

So according to that, your height of 1.1m should suffice... In some "generic" situation, that is... For specifics, I would recommend taking some physical measurements and then doing the speaker placement calculation based on whichever angle-standard that would fit your room and working space best.

Then again, I am no expert.

/Gash
Who knows what might happen... if you actually put some effort into it...