RECORDING noise !! Tried EVERTHING !! S O S !!!

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Djo

RECORDING noise !! Tried EVERTHING !! S O S !!!

Post by Djo »

Hi guys...

Its been a while since my last visit...But this is the place, and my last hope of salvation... Please hear the files and give me and opinio.WHAT IS WRONG ??

Iv tried 2 change everthing....
Mixer, cables, motherboard,vga card,soundcard,powersuply,Hard Disk...
Calld the eletrecist, moved the computer 2 another building...
New XP instalation...RAM changed....

Im out of ideas....my last option is 2 buy a new computer and hope it works.
The only thing i didnt do is the obvious, 2 install the Sound Card on another machine and tested....that´s because iv tested a new sound card on my pc and the problem was still there.

Man, there must be a ghost at my studio or something.

ANY IDEAS ???

SOS...........

PS - i only now noticed that the mp3 extension cant be atached....ill put on Zhare in a second. Please take a second 2 downloaded and hear it...

http://www.zshare.net/download/1267969431d2eabe/
brianrcdd

Post by brianrcdd »

Man, that's a nasty little buzz you have going there. Comes and goes, no less.

Couple of questions:
1. does this happen during record and playback, or only one or the other?

2a. Is the buzz on the tracks you have recorded? if so, there's not much you can do to get rid of that...

2b. When you moved the computer to another building, did you record something new, or were you possibly listening to a track with the buzz already recorded on it?

2c. I just want to make sure you are not listening to pre-recorded buzz. If you are, everything you are switching will do nothing.

3. If it's not prerecorded, does it happen in the same place in the material every time? like 5 seconds in or near the end, etc.

4. Cell phones/blackberry's are off and out of the room? Those things can raise hell with audio.

5. Any other possible sources of radiation, such as TV or radio transmitters, cell phone towers, high voltage power lines?
Brian

"Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist." - G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
xSpace

Re: RECORDING noise !! Tried EVERTHING !! S O S !!!

Post by xSpace »

Djo wrote:
Iv tried 2 change everthing....
motherboard, soundcard...
Did this get changed? Do you happen to know the specific details of the board?
Djo

Post by Djo »

Hi guys....thanks 4 the quick reply.
Now 2 the answers :

1 - It started only on recording but then moved 2 the playback also. But on the recording is worst, allot worst. It happens on both and simultanius.
2 - Its in every recording, MIC recording, Line recording....all
3 - When i moved, yes, i recorded something new.
4 - No, it happens in diferrent places, on the playback of a good track. In the recording material its on the same place + the playaback buzz.
5 - My studio is on 2 years now and it started a month ago. Yes, cellphones are always on ... ill try 2 disconet today.
6 - TV at the studio and CELL PHONE ANTENA on the neighbourhood...but since the beggining and only now it started.And also, i tested the PC on a house 2km away.

7 - The fist boar was a ASUS ROCK Kombo Z whith double sockets (dont remember exactly the Model, ill search...now im using a Gygabite SN...ill search the model today)

IMPORTANT - other day i was listen 2 some music while i was doing a backup... i noticed that while i was copyng the files, the noise got more present...like when the computer is working harder, theres more noise.

A guy sugested that the HD could be emiting radiation...iv disconected both and used a third one, puted a new XP.....and nothing. The playback got solved but the recording not . But maybe because the PC was CLEAN, fresh XP and 1 software only instaled. But the recording buzz was still there.

Hope 2 cleard all the doubts....
Still searching 4 answers ....

THanks
DJO
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

Are you using firewire OR usb OR a pci sound card?
Djo

Post by Djo »

Hi guys...

Iv spent the all day in more tests....
Yes, its a PCI Sound Card. Iv tried 2 PCI Cards and the same problem ocorred...
Iv tried a Firewire Card...and it workd.

Im almost sure that there´s a problem on the SLOTS or somthing else whith the motherboard.
Whith a new HD and a fresh XP instalation the problem was gone.....until we put the computer "working" (coping files and overloding it)..than the problem apears.

Today im trying another motherboard..the third one.

Thanks....
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

It is not easy to say for certain, but you do need to look into the specs of the PCI sound card and then do some research on that card. Often the card is not working properly due to nothing you have done and sometimes from something you cannot correct.

So it is important that you consider the sound card AND the mother board together, as a unit. Like you said, the firewire worked, so this is a small pointer to the motherboard and the pci card.

Check the specs on your board and see who made the Northbridge chip.