Can't find trunk rubber - help!!!!!

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Hottracks guy

Post by Hottracks guy »

I was wondering if anyone can help me - none of the GM dealers here in Moncton, NB Canada know what "K" type trunk rubber is. Is there something else it is called or does someone have a part number? I have tried everything.

Thanks in advance

Calvin
always striving to learn
TomVan

Post by TomVan »

Hottracks guy

Post by Hottracks guy »

Wow, thanks Tom. I called them this morning and am making arrangements to have it shipped up.

I have been watching and reading about your studio from the ground up - an inspiration to us all! Congratulations - you must be extremely proud. Someday I want to do the same thing - just refinishing my basement has been quite a challenge for now!

thanks again for your help and happy recording,
Calvin
always striving to learn
TomVan

Post by TomVan »

Calvin,
Glad to be able to give back. The reference area had that link and many others for building materials.

Glad to know someone else was watching my build and could appreciate it also.
Thanks
Tom
M300SEL

Post by M300SEL »

we don't have a JC-W here

and when i went to te GM Dealers they keep asking me: what is the Car type and model :twisted:

i showed them the picture from Rod's Boock , but they still did not know if they had it or not , do ANY of you guys know the exact GM Part number for this Type K Trunk rubber so they can search for it easly

or in which GM car it is ?
Cram

Post by Cram »

M300SEL wrote:we don't have a JC-W here

and when i went to te GM Dealers they keep asking me: what is the Car type and model :twisted:

i showed them the picture from Rod's Boock , but they still did not know if they had it or not , do ANY of you guys know the exact GM Part number for this Type K Trunk rubber so they can search for it easly

or in which GM car it is ?
Linking a thread -
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... tney+trunk

Please note that on the second page there Studio_Drums writes the following:
FYI-

JC Whitney's online catalog is incorrect: 'Style K' trunk rubber is incorrectly listed as Style 'L' online. I had ordered Style 'K' which actually came up as Style 'J'. What a mess...I had to order what's known as 'Style L'- which comes up with the correct picture and stock #.

I think that's a jcwhitney stock number rather than a model # or part # of gm, but it may help with finding it.