I want to build my studio, can you help me?

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Ste

I want to build my studio, can you help me?

Post by Ste »

Hi guys, I'm sorry for my English (I'm italian!!!), but I'll try to explain my problem:

My friend and I want to build a new studio in which we can both record and play with our bands. Whe have a little warehouse of 56 meters and an height of 3.78 meters.

We want to breate a box in a box to limitate the ammount of Db, but when we requested the price for the job a local society ask us more than 30000 €, too much money for us !!! :(

So, can you tell us the best way to realize this job ourselves?

I also have a little drawing of the basement, I hope it will help!

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6100/piantaev1.jpg

I'm sorry, it's in Italian, but I'm sure you'll understand!
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

are those existing walls? or proposed? if those are what you are proposing to build, then i think its a decent layout and you can spend some time reading up on acoustic treatments to help understand how to get the rooms balanced and treated according to your needs.
Glenn
Ste

Post by Ste »

Thanks for your reply! The existing walls are in green in the picture (excetp the one on the left!), while others are proposed (blue).

Can you post some links in which I can find some information about the room acoustic treatment?

Thanks,

Stefano
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

i think if you read up on the acoustics forum here you'll start to get a good understanding of the things to consider. there are also some good books on studio construction and treatment by Rod Gervais, F. Alton Everest, and others.
Glenn