The best 2 channel SOUND CARD - Advise

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Djo

The best 2 channel SOUND CARD - Advise

Post by Djo »

Hi guys...

I have a home studio recording mostly VOCALS 4 HipHop Groups.
Im running on a MAUDIO AUDIOPHILE 2496 in a AMD 3000+. MIC - AKG 3000B and a MACKIE mixer. ROLAND A90 are the monitors. SONAR 6 is my soft....

The sound card i have is the minimal 4 a "studio". I want 2 upgrade my sound card 4 the best possible. I dont really need more than 2 channels so i wanted 2 invest all the money available in the best 2 channels sound card possible.
Can someone guide me on that process ? Advise on the CARD..

I thought the UAD PROJECT PACK was a audio card + plug ins so i thought i had all figured it out...My bad...

Thanks 4 anyone who ansewrs....

By the way, i live in MAPUTO - MOZAMBIQUE - AFRICA
This is my old, and the building of the new studio...
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8109

DJO
tmix

Post by tmix »

I think since you have a sound card that has a digital in (spdif) I would look at a converter like the Apogee Rosetta that has a digital out .
They can be had used for 500 - 600 USD.
They sound excellent in my opinion.
They are only a Analog to Digital convertor so you would still have to use your M-Audio card for monitoring.

If you are not satisfied with the M-Audio card for that then you would need to upgrade the out as well.

I am fond of the Lucid AD2496 and the DA2496 convertors for something that is reasonably affordable.. On the higher end you could look at Lavry Blue series.
Tom Menikos
T-Mix Studios
Mansfield Tx
Kir For Pleasure

Post by Kir For Pleasure »

Lynx serie of pci cards sounds excellent.
look at gearslutz.com for more info.
Metal is the Law !
Jan Holm

Post by Jan Holm »

RME HDSP9632 might be something.
"does it work"
Edo Peters

Post by Edo Peters »

Very pleased with the Yellowtec PUC(plug 'n' play external USB) , I have several besides my Pro Tools rigs and they work like a charm! Very affordable too...
Regards,

Edo
Lord Tim

Post by Lord Tim »

I've had great results with an Echo MIA+MIDI card - low latency, good WDM and ASIO drivers, and Echo are good for updates too.

I can't say I'm getting anywhere near the performance from my new Mackie Onyx 1220 as the MIA, sadly, but I needed the extra 10 inputs. If I only needed 2 ins, I'd be definitely sticking with the MIA.

http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/PCI/MiaMIDI/index.php